The Best Plunge Routers for your Woodworking Projects
Woodworking is a delicate craft that requires many minor details and has little to no room for errors. For this task alone, we have gathered some of the best plunge routers and their reviews from customers who have used these, so that you may be able to identify the best one that fits your needs and requirements.
The three plunge routers mentioned in this article are some of the best ones in the industry. Customers have been known to use it to their full capacity, getting the most out of them. They vary from sizes and some come with kits, providing you with a wide range of tools, which are bound to come handy. Here is a list of them and a brief description of their specifications and features.
- Triton TRA001 Plunge Router
- Bosch MRP23EVS Plunge Router:
- Makita RT0701CX7 Plunging Router Kit:
Triton TRA001 Plunge Router
Triton TRA001 plunge router is one of the best in the market, weighing at about 13 pounds – this is substantial with the capacity to work long hours in one go. This router can be used as either a fixed base of a plunge switch, depending on your requirements. This product is featured with ½’’ and 12mm collet for a wider range of bit fitment, with 3-1/4 horsepower motor with the ability to cut through the toughest of timbers.
Triton plunge routers are known for their lock engages for maximum security, and TRA001 comes with it. This along with other added specifications are listed below as follows.
- Single-button switches from plunge to fixed based router with rack and pinion adjustment.
- Soft start that comes with a variable speed option to provide with perfect speed for all types of cutters.
- Rack and pinion height adjustment.
- Table winder that serves as eliminators in need of expensive lifting mechanisms when used with router tables.
- The electronic speed controller on this router ensures a fine finish on all materials.
- 3-stage turret with direct reading scales for precise pre-set cut depths.
It is anything but difficult to set up and the alterations are exact. Changing bits is brisk and simple. The simplicity and exactness of the stature changes which makes getting it dialed exceptionally smooth. The delicate beginning and variable speed decrease payoff, including a layer of vital exactness when starting your cuts.
For this purpose alone, people who have used this have claimed it to save time and increase their productivity. Some said that it goes through Pine as though it was Balsa wood, which to say is extreme. All in all this plunge router is effective and gets things done promptly, which cannot be said about most.
Bosch MRP23EVS Plunge Router
The Bosch Plunge router is the go-to-machine to reduce steering hand activities in the woodworking business. It comes with a trigger controlled, power system which is intended to deliver greater control and has a power switch in the plunge base handle.
The manufacturer Afterlock Microfine is best for depth – with adjustments for fine-tuning of any plunge settings and a turret stop to make the task easy. This plunge router is best for getting cumulative depths, with smooth plunge action and spring-lock plunge lever – to get the best outcomes. The motor runs on 15 Amp with speed adjustment settings and a variable speed dial to allow the operator to match with the speed of the material. Operators can glide along the intended cutline using dovetail fixtures, templates, jigs, and other guidance devices.
The controls are very easy to work around, including a lockable force switch in the handle. The dive system feels smooth, the ergonomic grasps agreeable, and the small scale alterations are anything but difficult to peruse and utilize.
This is the best router choice in many regards and is more than equipped for conveying exceptional execution. Notwithstanding the weight, which isn’t quite a bit of an issue, and the absence of a residue shield. This will give you a smooth and powerful experience.
Makita RT0701CX7 Plunging Router Kit:
Makita RT0701CX7 plunge router kit is just about 4 pounds and ideal for hand use on overhead projects such as doorjambs, and kitchen cupboards. Its reduced size is very much intended for smaller, point by point projects. We additionally thought that it was agreeable in the hand and calmer than anticipated.
On account of its reduced size, the entire thing heats up rapidly. The holds, which are smaller than they ought to be, can prompt a few consume in case you’re not cautious about how you handle and turn it. It provides the consumer with the following features:
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 – 30,000 RPM) enables the user to match the speed to the application
- Smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body for increased comfort and control
- Quick release cam lock system for easy depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Fixed base accepts industry standard template guides for convenience
- High visibility base design for improved handling and performance
- Base can be removed quickly to install other bases
- Heavy duty aluminum motor housing engineered for increased durability
Along with it being calm and lightweight, people who have used this product has claimed it to be one which has changed their outlook on plunge routers and has had an incredible experience of woodworking.
For far too many woodworkers out there, a plunge router is one of those deluxe TV remote controls, with too many functions and complexities. Most people only ever learn the functions that they require in day to day lives and disregard the full capabilities of the machines presented before them. This is the same for almost all plunge routers. Too many people push it to be the better options for simpler ones because they do not know why one is best for them – being too many options out there. But those who know how to appreciate these versatile beauties understand that these machines have internal parts, which work like organs keeping them alive and that it is imperative that they understand which one is the best one for them and their woodworking style.